Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Prologue: Day Three

I'm becoming an expert at driving long distances without feeling tired or nodding off. Well... maybe not, but the drive went by pretty smoothly and rather quickly for a 7 hour trip. 

I can tell that 10 years of living in South Carolina is rubbing off on me though, because once we hit New Mexico, there were no more country stations. It took a noticeable toll on me. That being said, there was really only one radio station that was coming through, and I think it was a Christian Station. So through the, quite frankly, endless nothingness of eastern New Mexico, mom and I enjoyed some silence. Well, I did... mom fell asleep.

I am now two timezones away from the majority of my friends, and with it just being mom and I, I really miss them. I'm banking on things getting better once I'm in California and I have my roommates, classmates, and co-workers at the aquarium... but for now, it just isn't too pleasant of an idea knowing that I need to drive at least 26 hours to South Carolina.

If you've never been to New Mexico, let me say this, being that I've lived my entire life near the ocean... my only response is (a mild adaptation of Dorothy Parker) WHAT [STRANGE] HELL IS THIS?! I don't like being landlocked, being without the ocean, and although I don't miss the humidity of South Carolina, I do miss the smell of salt in the air. I don't really care for the smell of... dry.

Sidenotes:

  • I saw 0 armadillos today
  • My birthday is in 10 days
  • Tomorrow we're stopping by the Grand Canyon!
Two more days until I'm in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment