Tuesday, August 28, 2012

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

So it's 10:15pm and I just got out of my last class about an hour ago (it really gets out at 9:50pm)... I may need to get some pepper spray or a taser just in case.

I had all four of my classes today and I really enjoyed all of them. Let's start from the top, shall we?

Sculpture:
It's a small class, which is great. Our first project is making molds out of our faces... which is awesome. Also, my teacher has a fantastic sense of style... he dresses way better than most of the girls I've seen on campus already.

Environmental Creative Writing:
Not what I was expecting, but I think I'll like it just the same. It's more creative writing than environmental writing.

African American Life/History:
My professor looks like he's 18 years old, but I did the math and he's at least 30 years old. No tests in this class, only papers... my favorite :)

American Sign Language:
I think I'm most excited for this class, and I think it's also going to be my hardest class. Part of our homework today was to determine a sign for ourselves and I think I've decided on the sign for fish, using the sign for "S".

Soooo that's my class schedule. Now I'm changing topics.

There's this thing called "Otter Days" here, and it's kind of like welcome activities for the first week or so of class to get people involved. Today there was an outdoor showing of Men in Black III (I couldn't make that because I had ASL). Yesterday there was a hall get together. It was trivia with prizes, which was cool. Except, I didn't read the flyer so I was expecting Jeopardy, but it was sex trivia and the prizes were dumdums taped to condoms... I didn't win anything. They gave me extra though haha.

I haven't received my schedule from the Aquarium yet, but hopefully they won't have me scheduled for the afternoon on Sundays because they have intramural softball (slow-pitch) from 12-4pm and indoor volleyball from 6-10pm. I wanted to try indoor soccer but that's during my ASL class as well, so darn.

I made new friends today, which is awesome, considering I think I'm bad at making friends.

No classes tomorrow so I can do all of my readings. I miss everyone so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment