Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Path That Lies Before Me




Goose Creek, SC to Seaside, CA: 

  • 2,993 miles
  • approximately 50 hours

A. Goose Creek, SC
B. Fulton, MS
C. Weatherford, OK
D. Albuquerque, NM
E. Grand Canyon :)
F. Barstow, CA
G. Pittsburg, CA (grandparents)
H. Seaside, CA

I've got one full day left in South Carolina before I begin my adventure. I've got most of my clothes packed, all of my miscellaneous items packed, and none of my electronics packed (obviously). Tomorrow I'll be taking care of the last bit of financial issues I've been having, and then everything should be golden.

Words cannot describe how much I'm going to miss some of my friends, but luckily they understand what an opportunity this is for me. I will now list a number of inside jokes that directly pertain to those I will miss.


  • Intellectuality
  • Scerba Derve
  • Just a cookie
  • BIRCH
  • Reprace
  • Bubbly
Before I close, I just want to thank my parents for their support. When I first mentioned this exchange program to them, I was a little shaky on whether or not I really wanted to apply, and I almost didn't. Thank you Dad, for not letting me miss this wonderful adventure, and thank you Mom, for taking the time away from work to drive cross-country with me. You helped me to become the driven, over-achieving, and independent person that I am today, and I can never thank you enough for that. 

Now... 

Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Lend me your [eyes?]... because in a matter of hours, The Prologue begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment