Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Prologue: Day One

565 miles, 9 hours, two amps, one can of pringles, and plenty of country stations later, mom and I are in Fulton, Mississippi. Google maps had us drive through Columbia, so I decided to start the drive... little did I know that I would decide to finish it as well. Driving 9 hours isn't something that I would recommend, but it wasn't too bad. After we gassed up in Columbia my brain woke up, and I was perfectly fine until our next pit stop, right after we crossed the Alabama state line. Just so you know: The gas station that we stopped at not only had nicer restrooms than any gas station in South Carolina... but they also had fried chicken and barbeque.

Side Note: Due to the fact that I didn't drive 20-30 over the speed limit like those surrounding me, Alabama took a good while to drive through. But Fulton did eventually arrive (obviously). 

Mom and I decided that Fulton would be the perfect setting for a scary movie, and I've decided that that scary movie would be some combination of Silent Hill and I Am Legend. I failed to prepare myself for accents worse than those I am accustomed to, and I'm pretty sure that out of the five cars in the hotel parking lot, four of them belong to the people presently working, while the last is my liberty. Good thing I have a nice comfy blanket to hide underneath tonight (because blankets are impermeable shields).

Tomorrow we're driving through Tennessee, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Another few hundred miles closer to my adventurous destination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment